Everyone wants to lose weight, look more petite, look slimmer but did you ever think of the amount of commitment and time you can to contribute to your goal / dream? I was once like you, wanted something but didn’t put much effort into it and wasted a lot of my time. Below are some hard facts which I’ve gathered through the years through many failures and struggles.
1. Make your goal as a Vow When you want something badly, make sure you put in 100% effort, nothing less. Be obsessed about it. Never be 50% sure about it. Tell yourself to do whatever it takes to get there. If you are 50%, your results will be 50%.
2. No more late night parties Sleep daily at 10pm(including saturdays and sundays). Wake up 630am daily to start your day. If this timing is not fitted to you, adjust accordingly to your lifestyle. Start your day early by planning and thinking about what you are going to do.
3. Phone away Put your phone away while you are training, doing your cardio on treadmill, etc. Remember- 100%. Many people think that during their cardio, they can watch a movie or so to pass time but to me, I rather you to stay focused and keep visualizing your end product of your goal.
4. Maximum focus Your goal/s has no rest. Especially on weekends. A lot of people failed on this. Everything(especially diet) stays the same even on Saturday and Sunday. Married or not, your mum’s cooking, you have to find a way, no matter what.
5. Isolate yourself You got to forsake the big circle of friends you have right now. Keep those who are really close to you nearby. No one else. Next, stay away from social media. When I was preparing for my contests, I deleted my Facebook app but Instagram app remained (because of positive vibes and motivational public figures’ posts). Let there be no room for negativity.
6. Be obsessed Be obsessed with your goal. Guard, protect, defend your goal. No one tells you what to do. You are the boss of your own goals. You decide.
7. Be realistic about your goals. If you have been fat for 10 over years, expect yourself to lose those fats in a year steadily. Not a week or 3 months, OMG! Stop listening to those sick ads we have been seeing in magazines! (More on this in the future post). Do not rush things and want to get toned, shredded, ripped etc in such a short period of time. Enjoy your journey, learn everything you could and be patient.
After reading all the 7 tips above, you might think that it is ridiculous and no one will do it. Well, I did it. These are my personal experience. Look around you. Did you see the most successful people on earth are always lonely but they are content within? That is because they know what they want and what they are doing. I am where I am today because I learnt the hard way.
I wish you all the best in your goals.
If you think this post is useful and can be beneficial to someone close to you, LIKE, COMMENT or SHARE it! Any burning questions, please send me an email.
You can also subscribe to my website via email (on the right of screen) to stay updated with all health and tips!
Your Fitness Coach, Amirrudin Ong